Conserve Africa Foundation is a non‐governmental organisation registered as a charity that aims to promote and implement sustainable development practices, policies and strategies in Africa.
- We promote local community-led initiatives in:
- Promoting natural resources sustainable use and management to increase agricultural productivity and fight the extinction of important and endangered species;
- Combating climate change, drought and desertification through climate-smart agriculture and tree planting;
- Improving access to clean water and sanitation to promote better hygiene and fight preventable diseases, especially to vulnerable and poor communities.
- We support the effective local management and conservation of natural resources and ensure that benefits accrue to the poor
- We raise awareness about global, regional and national environmental issues affecting Africa, especially those relating to international conventions on biodiversity, desertification and climate change
- We fight against environmental inequalities through advocacy work for the integration of poverty-environment linkages in national, regional and international development processes
- We campaign to the international community so that Africa’s environmental challenges are addressed while at the same time combating poverty and promoting socio‐economic development
HOW WE WORK?
- Undertaking pro-poor community environmental conservation and rehabilitation
- Promoting community‐based natural resource sustainable use, management and conservation initiatives
- Providing environmental education, training and awareness raising
- Undertaking action research, information dissemination and knowledge management
- Raising awareness about Africa poverty-environment linkages and dimensions at international level
- Linking local, national and global environmental initiatives relevant to Africa.